Thanks to Sara @ The Bibliophagist for tagging me! Please go check her out!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
Why I started and why I continue is one and the same. I started because as my work in education expanded out of early childhood and into highschool I read more and more young adult fiction while trying to find more relevant and engaging fiction that engaged the students in my district.
I wanted to find more adults that were outside of the education spectrum to discuss books as readers and not educators. That has only grown as I have started blogging. Unfortunately due to illness and life, I had to really step back and go on hiatus in the fall/winter. I have a pretty isolated life since coming back, which has made this even more important than it had been when I started.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
I like to be funny when I can but I don’t know if everyone always gets my sense of humor. I think I get annoying sometimes. I know the memes/gifs/golden girls stuff can get repetitive. Sometimes I make myself laugh out loud but I don’t know that anyone else laughs.
So anything I think makes people laugh, whether in a review or a top ten or a tag… anything at all. I think humor and laughing heals so much and we don’t laugh enough in the world.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
I read, blog hop and listen to podcasts. I watch tv on certain nights of the week. I let the cats torture me for their amusement. I stay off social media. That is the most relaxing thing EVER (I don’t include blog-hopping in “social media”).
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
My cats, my books, my laptop (Sports- especially hockey, normally but finances have kept me from watching it this year)
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Just starting this blog was a huge achievement for me. I have blogged in the past (about hockey) but not with my own blog. Mind you that was for the best. If you think some of my reviews or posts are stream of conscience now? Trust me. This is nothing. Back then? Oh. That was something else. I had editors. I should apologize. Often.
I had a lot of help from people like Clo @ Book Dragons and Sam @ Sleepy Sam Reads. They put up with a crapton of questions and Clo basically helped me overhaul WordPress because… WordPress. I had no foggy clue. But this site wouldn’t have its basic aesthetic without her.
It sounds silly but that and coming back from my hiatus are probably my two biggest accomplishments right now. I’m really proud to be back. There is SO MUCH going on in my “life” right now. It is really difficult day-to-day. That is all I have is day-to-day. So I’m proud to still be here and doing this everyday.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Right now there isn’t much. Financially and emotionally it just isn’t possible for there to be anything else at the moment. I am looking forward to Game of Thrones last season and End Game at the end of April, like most of the world LOL!
8. Describe your personality in 3 words:
Crazy cat lady.
I’m stealing the above answer from Sara because… ME TOO!
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- I don’t like passive aggressive people i.e I’m not 2, just tell me. Don’t make excuses or say yes and then come up with a last minute excuse. Just tell me the truth. Be an adult.
- I don’t like when people don’t care about those around them.
- I don’t like when it takes me ten years to pay a bill. Why do they make it so difficult to take my money? I owe you the money. Take it before someone else in the long line of people I owe money to does.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I haven’t talked much about hockey this seasons because it hurts too much. Finances have kept me from following my husband… the LA Kings. Yes I married to an entire hockey team. Now you all know my big secret. In normal circumstances, three hours of many nights would be dedicated to cursing them out and throwing things at the tv. Unfortunately, life had other plans for me this season. That is probably something that many might not know about me because I’ve shied away from it this year.
That’s it!! Thank you for reading! I tag: (but please anyone else who wants to join in, I would love for you to do so)