I was tagged by Anthea at Proud Book Reviews to do this tag. For those who read my blog on even a semi-regular basis (PS to the bloggers among you- sorry for the lack of hopping yesterday- it was a crazy day- I will make up for it today), I’m sure you are thinking well I can give you a million reasons. However, I thought it would be fun if I enlisted the boys help. I thought about asking Mom but she just lost her cat, Bo who was twenty years old so I didn’t want to disturb her at the moment. So, many of these are from his point of view… oh lord…
Why am I weird tag rules
- List ten weird things about yourself, your life, or silly habits that you wouldn’t normally share
- Tag up to ten people so you can get to know them better
- Link back to the person who tagged you and the creator
- Comment on the posts of people you tagged – and feel free to comment on mine– I might regret that later but why not?
My ten weird facts are:
- The fact that both the boy and I came up with this one together says it is most definitely true… my inability to communicate without memes and gifs has gotten to a point that I will either pull out my phone to flash them at him or literally act them out… well ok there is only one I will act out… and not in public… yet. Right now my favorites are:
This is the one I’ve been known to act out with my head down and just my arms, I swear!
Ok fine! If I can’t show it, I’ve often quoted it.
<Edit> How did I even forget Castle???
And the newly debuted:
2) I’m a random data base of lyrics, TV (one specific but that is its own separate/special kind of weird) and movie references. I’d say pop culture but it isn’t “pop” – it is MY culture… so yes, he’s right. We are having a conversation and I’ll say something and he will be like- wow that was really prophetic and sometimes I’ll let it slide and sometimes I’ll be honest and say… yeah that wasn’t me.. that was X songwriter or band or tv show etc.
You would see more music in my blogs, if I was, you know… listening to it at the moment.
3) More specific to the above and yes this is another we would have both come to the same conclusion… there isn’t a Golden Girls episode I can’t recite, relate to or connect to a situation or conversation. And again, if you have been paying attention AT ALL… you’d noticed that a long, long time ago. How about a new one, shall we?
4) Ok. Fine. I knew he was gonna do this. I warned him NOT to do this. But fine. He did it anyway. You all know anyway… so fine. Hell it is on my ABOUT page. Hell Leigh Bardugo knows. I just haven’t met her yet so she can sign the front plate… yet (Missouri doesn’t require a front plate)… YES my car is named Kaz… and yes, my license plates SAY KAZ. OK? Fine. Moving on…
5) I don’t know what is so weird about this and truthfully I can’t even explain why I do it so maybe it is weird. And he brought it up so maybe someone can help me out on this one. Every time we go out to eat I have to have a diet soda. Well ok. That doesn’t sound odd but it isn’t just that I have to have a diet soda. It is that if I have a drink, I have to have a diet soda WITH the drink. Not just the drink and water… but diet soda, the drink and water. Whether it is a beer, a drink or wine (not all three at once… now that would be more than weird… that would be — well not to judge, but I think a problem), I have to have a diet soda with it. I don’t know why.
6) When taking long drives (mind you he considers anything over let’s say 4 hours long where that is a turn-around trip for me) I don’t even use a map or GPS – for the most part. I generally know where I’m going and head in that direction. I like to get lost (assuming I’m not on a time limit). How do you think I got lost in the rockies for 36 hours and spent a day driving through Colorado? Or found llamas on an unpaved road in Wyoming? Or got stuck in a traffic jam caused by buffalo? Or found the most beautiful reservoir in South Dakota to swim in? It isn’t by using a map. It is about the adventure and spontaneity. That’s also why I prefer driving to flying. Go out. See the country (not the landmarks and tourist attractions- I mean see those too, but get off the beaten track and have fun).
7) Yes. He’s right. I’m married to the LA Kings. Mind you THEY Don’t know that but that’s not my fault. They need to pay more attention. And once they are traded… well depending on the player I might still hold affection but that’s it, marriage over. I’m married to the TEAM. Keep it straight people. Just like I could have sex with the game of hockey. I’m no puck bunny but the game of hockey is straight up hot. The GAME. Not the players, not anything of the sort but if the game was a person… all bets are off. Hockey porn is a thing.
8) I have a fascination with the Gateway Arch that led to my spontaneous move to St. Louis ten years ago. Fact. Do with it what you wish. No one who lives here understands it (I’m not sure he understands it). But I do. It isn’t perfect but neither is St. Louis. It is beautiful and flawed. Most things that are deep and beautiful are scarred and that is part of what makes them so amazing. That is what makes it so representative of the city in which it resides. It is also the largest silver lining in the world. Leaving it will be the hardest thing I ever do. It will shatter my heart for multiple reasons.
9) We read together A LOT. I am an intense reader. And I tend to stop dead in the middle of what I am reading or get to the end of the book and that poor boy has to hear a whole lot of emotional mess about a whole lot of characters and story he knows NOTHING about. I do this often. He’s very patient about it and for that, among other things. I love him dearly.
10) Do you really need a 10? How about the fact that Pavel, Liam and Gomez are more popular than I am?