I was nominated by the lovely, Kiera @ KierasBookishThoughts! Thank you lady!
The rules are simple:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate other bloggers and give them 11 questions
- What author do you own the most of?
Um uh… Including the diary Leigh Bardugo put out? I have four by her, I believe. The only book I bought for myself the past year was King of Scars. The boy bought me the diary. So that would be that. I’m sure that was a shock.
2. Do you have more hardback or paperback books on your shelves?
The library puts that at hardback by a long shot.
3. If you were on a desert island and you could only bring one thing what things would you bring?
The boy but he doesn’t feel that way so wouldn’t come.
4. Who is your celebrity idol or crush?twised
Idol? Nikki Six since I was like 16. Crush? I don’t know that I’ve had one since Steve Yzerman, which is hard as an L.A. Kings fan but hey respect is respect. And when he took that puck in the eye and kept going? He had my heart.
5. What is the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
Camped with Embrace on the coast of St. Ives
6. What got you into reading?
A Wrinkle In Time
7. Why did you decide to start a blog?
At the time I was still in education and I wanted somewhere to talk about Young Adult novels outside of the eIducation space.
8. What are your hobbies aside from reading?
Hockey, TV (comedy, twisted drama, horror- from the Walking Dead to the more well done horror like American Horror Story). I don’t watch a lot tv but what I watch, I’m hard core about.
9. Give a shout out to a blogger you love!
There is no picking just one. There are so many that have been super supportive over the past year. Some know everything and some know bits and pieces of what I’ve been going through. No matter where they fall on that spectrum, everyone has just been incredible. I can’t thank them enough. I can’t repay their kindness or support. No matter what happens over the next couple of months? I am just grateful to have everyone’s love and support.
10. What was the last book you purchased or borrowed from the library?
The last and only book I’ve purchased was King of Scars. The last book I checked out was Aurora Rising, which no I have not read yet. Damn you Kristoff and your 1000 books on my TBR.
11. Have you ever participated in a 24 hour readathon?
- Now that Kristoff dominates mine- Is there an author that haunts your TBR?
- If you use Edelweiss and Netgalley- how far behind are you?
- What book have you reread the most?
- Who is your book crush?
- What author were you most enthused to meet or most wish to meet?
- Would you ever want to do a blogger meet-up? What would that look like?
- How could the relationship between bloggers and publishers be better?
- What is the best and worst thing about the blogging community?
- What is your biggest goal for the rest of 2019 (blogging and personal if you care to share)?
- What is your most embarrassing bookstore haul?
- Of the books you own, what is the ratio of books read to books not read?
I tried to choose smaller bloggers, like me, with less than 500 followers